Friday, 24 February 2012

Just a little further..


Sooo the Ursula costume has come on a tiny bit.

I’ve spent the week making up the front panel and then working out the shape of the ‘boobs’.

However poor Ruth spent all of Wednesday rectifying my mistakes…. Yes I have learnt my lesson about paying more attention to how the links sit behind the scales…. Sorry Ruth!

photo (5)oooo

Here is a  Scale Tutorial I found on Deviantart (by Khelgar), which I found useful:-


I have the front belt flap and the ‘boobies’ made up, I just need to mount the boobs onto the bra and make the contrasting small scale panels for the bra.

At the moment I’m considering having small scaled accents on the top of the bra and then a small diamond panel of small scales to hang from the centre of the bra.



The small scales are approx a third of the size of the large scales. I have to admit, I’m not looking forward to making up the panels.


Ooo I should also introduce Emily who is my work experience student (she is a 2nd year Theatre Deign student at Nott Trent Uni) who has been ring-ing up the scales for Ruth and I to put together. She has the patience of a saint - she likes, organising, cleaning, filing, washing up and ring-ing scales….totally insane, I tell you!


No comments:

Post a Comment