Tuesday 27 March 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy….

OK its official, leatherwork is bad for your health! all the hole-punching and stamping has resulted in major RSI.

I can barley move my hand and wrist…..Grrr its so frustrating.  Even a week later, I am seriously restricted to what I can do with my right hand and wrist.

IMG_1032

Due to my wrist injury I’ve had to change the design. I’m going to have to leave the leaves off the costume as I can’t tool the remaining 35 leaves that Ruth and I carefully cut out as I cant tool them at this moment. I hate having to compromise a costume design, but in this case I have no time as I’m working to such a tight deadline.

Here is the bra and belt/skirt for the Horned Warrior costume (I have nicked-named her Florence, due to the colour of her hair)

IMG_1028IMG_1031

Now that the leaves aren’t being put on the costume, it looks a bit more ‘Barbarella then ‘Woodland Fairy’, but that may not be a bad thing. I want this character to be strong and proud, so losing the softness is not too much of a problem. I’m still gutted I’ve had to change the design Sad smile

 

IMG_1071IMG_1075IMG_1072

The final Leather piece is the Vambrace. Originally I was going to make one. But now the leaves are not going onto the bra and belt, the costume has become very symmetrical, so I thought a single  Vambrace  would help.

 

Ron (the model) has very short hair so I thought it would be easier if I mounted the dreads onto a wig to make it easier for her and me to get them on, for the shoot.

I bought a cheap red wig and some beautiful custom-made synthetic dreads from Kaminoke.  The wig was then plaited and dreads sewn on.. Its a brut of a wig, but the horns are large and it balances them both out. It took quite a while plaiting the wig and due to my hand my plaits where shoddy so Ruth then spent an entire day re-plaiting them

IMG_1037IMG_1038IMG_1040

Here’s the beautiful Ruth, wearing the headpiece and bra

IMG_1042

No comments:

Post a Comment